April 11, 2011
Dr. P. L. Punia, Chairman
National Commission for Scheduled Caste,
Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market,
New Delhi 110 003
We are writing to you with deep distress about the plight of a six-years-old scheduled caste girl Kamlesh, now nine from Trauali Jhanauti Village, Dist Mathura, Uttra Pradesh that she was thrashed into a burning fire by a Thakur family on April 29, 2008. The incident happened while Kamlesh and her eight months pregnant mother, Manju, passed through the road in front of a Thakur Family, going for toilet in an open field. Kamlesh suffered 80% burnt and still suffering, her right hand is crippled, and skins all over body are cracking. She needs immediate medical attention in order to save her life. The court case is closed without any justice to the victim.
A civil society fact finding team revisited Kamlesh and stocked the situation in the month of December 2010 and found that health condition of Kamlesh is still critical and needs immediate medical attention. The court case was closed without fair trial; the accused is released without punishment. No adequate compensation was given to the victim and family.
Therefore, we the civil society signed below would like to approach National Commission for Scheduled Caste with following requests:
1. That the commission may constitute a fact finding team to look into the incident, the present condition of the victim and how trial of the case of conducted and closed.
2. That the Commission may take up the case in High Court as the sessionon court has unfairly acquainted accused.
3. That the Commission may instruct the concerned government and department to provide immediate medical treatment which might require series of specialized surgery.
4. That the Commission may instruct for her future education facilities.
5. That the Commission may instruct Uttra Pradesh Government to provide safety to Kamlesh and family as they live in fear of being attack any time, where the case is reviewed.
Dr John Dayal
Member National Integration Council,
Government of India (9811021072) Madhu Chandra
All India Christian Council (9716004939)
Coordinator – SC/ST Justice Initiative
Human Rights Law Network
Retired Public Persecutor,
Govt of Haryana (9810643874)
Coordinator – Anti-Human Trafficking Initiative
Human Rights Law Network
1. Chairperson, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights Protection.
2. Chairman, National Commission for Human Rights
3. Chairman, UP State Commission for Scheduled Caste
4. Hon’ble Governor, Uttra Pradesh
5. Hon’ble Chief Minister, Uttra Pradesh
6. UP State Commission for Human Rights
1. Brief Description of Incident
2. Copy of FIR
3. Copy of Judgment Order
4. Copies of Medical Report